The Company and the Opportunity
Ixaris has brought innovation to the payments industry for over 15 years. In 2003, we launched Europe’s first virtual prepaid Visa card, EntroPay. Offering global consumers a safe, reliable and convenient way to pay online.
Today, our intelligent payment platform and accompanying prepaid payment apps have revolutionised the way businesses operate – unlocking more value from every payment. So much so, that we’ve made the technology available to financial organisations, payments entrepreneurs and innovators, so they can create, sell and deliver their own branded payments services.
Our ambitions to keep on innovating in the field of next-generation payments solutions has resulted in Ixaris founding the European Union-funded Open Payments Ecosystem – enabling an explosion in payment applications addressing diverse customer needs through an open infrastructure.
To support the continued growth of Ixaris Group we are seeking a legal counsel to join our London office, reporting to the General Counsel. This will be an interesting and challenging role working within our Legal and Compliance team, with a focus on advising the business on a wide area of commercial agreements. Experience in quickly understanding new ideas and concepts, a background in financial services or payments and strong communication skills are required.
- Structure, draft, and review a wide variety of contracts involving the groups businesses including customer, vendor and partner agreements, as well as agreements with financial institution partners;
- Work cross-functionally with the sales, account management, finance, operations, IT and compliance teams to ensure that contractual terms are compliant with legal, regulatory, and company policies and risk tolerances;
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals;
- Research, anticipate, and guard company against legal risks;
- Serve as an in-house legal expert providing guidance on legislation and regulation impacting the payments industry;
- Maintain knowledge of changes in relevant payment industry laws and industry trends, as well as international compliance with laws and regulations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Law degree in the UK or Germany;
- 3-5+ year experience, ideally both at a law firm and in-house;
- Must be able to work autonomously;
- Possess sound legal/business judgement, and have a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to complex problems;
- Payments industry or financial services experience are essential;
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills – able to contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication;
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.